Monday, September 8, 2014

Project on hold due to epic rain and floods

Yesterday I started the makeover process of a White Clad ice box end table. It took a lot of sanding to get 20+ years of love out of it but when it was all bare it was smooth. This was probably the best sanding job I have done yet. I am still new at this so I don't have much to compare it to. The plan is to do the ice box gray with a white chevron on the top.

Being a mommy of two, I can't always start a project and see it through to the finished product in one shot. I ended yesterday with the top painted white.

Today I was going to finish the project while the kids were at school. Well Mother Nature had other plans. Today we received record breaking rains. Now, I live in the suburbs of Phoenix and rain is few and far between. Today we received 5.75" of rain at my house in about 6 hours. The Phoenix metro area was flooded, schools were cancelled, homes evacuated and people were trapped on the freeways.

Today will probably be the wettest day I will see in my lifetime. I read that the odds of us getting that much rain in one day is .0002% a year. Crazy.

So until some of the humidity clears out I had to put the ice box on hold.




No comments:

Post a Comment