Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Gumba Crochet Beanie

My son and daughter both love nintendo characters. While I was going through my yarn stash ( I could open up a yarn store) I started thinking about what I could make the kids and use up some of my yarn. I was looking at my staple colors; black, brown and white when it hit me…Gumba!! I love to crochet, but honestly I am forever a student. There are so many stitches and patterns out there it is overwhelming. So I decided to go with something basic. I used a double crochet beanie pattern I found. I love this pattern, it is easy to follow and works up really fast. So after I found the pattern I got to work. The brown I had on hand may have been a little dark but I wanted to use what was readily available. For the eyes, I used the magic circle technique and double crochet. I used 4 double crochet in the magic circle and two double crochet in each stitch in the second round. For the black in the eyes, it was five double crochet in the magic circle. The brow and the mouth was just a single crochet line. The teeth were basic triangles (although I  haven’t mastered triangles yet).
So here is a picture of my gumba. Not the greatest but not the worst.
gumba

No comments:

Post a Comment