Wednesday, September 17, 2014

ORBS!!!

I’m about to tell you all about orbs!! Now I am not talking about the little ghost dots in pictures but a spin off of my garden gazing ball obsession. I just loved how much pizazz the gazing balls gave my flower bed so I came up with an idea to create them on a smaller and lighter scale. This way my very large tree can have pizazz too.
First thing you will need is a wiffleball or other light weight ball in a similar size. I found my wiffleballs at the dollar store 3/$1.
wiffleball
Now you will need something shiny to put on the ball. The glass gems I used for the gazing ball would work but it makes it a bit heavy. So I found these rhinestone like gems from Hobby Lobby. The container is 1 pound and contains various sizes.
container
I hot glued this little things to the wiffleball. There might be a faster way of adhering them to the ball; however, I really wanted them to stay in place. The Arizona weather can be very unforgiving.
finished
I tied on some fishing line and hot glued gems right over the knot. Once it was finished I tied a paper clip to the other end. Secured with a little more hot glue and BAM! Hanging orb is finished.
hanging from tree

No comments:

Post a Comment