Saturday, September 19, 2015

The Little Rocking Chair That Could

So this is a very delayed post. Last Christmas I was looking for something special to give to my baby cousin. I babysit him two days a week and every day he is here he sits in a little rocking chair. This rocking chair was actually mine when I was a child and he loved it so much.

To buy them new and unfinished was a bit expensive and I wanted something that I could really put my efforts into. Ask and you shall receive. I found two little rocking chairs on Craigslist! They had been painted and repainted and chipped off and just sad looking. I ended up taking them home for $15 total.

I only took pictures of one chair but they were both in the same condition.
Such a sad little rocking chair. Don't worry little fella I will fix you up.

These chairs required a lot of sanding trying to get off all tat old paint. Unfortunately the red paint seemed to be embedded in the wood. I did my best but it wasn't going away. Primer Time!



Once I had it covered in primer. I spray painted it. I started with the bottom first and worked my way to top. This required a lot of paint and wait due to the many angles that needed paint. Once all the paint was dry I put a protective coating on it.


Good as new! I gave one chair to my baby cousin and the other to my baby nephew. Every month my sister in law posts a picture of her son in this chair with a little button saying how old he is and it warms my heart.

2 comments: